OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH TEXAS HEALTH SERVICES AUTHORITY (THSA) AND SECURETexas
We are pleased to partner with the Texas Health Services Authority (THSA) to offer SECURETexas, the only certification program in the country with compliance solutions for both Texas and federal privacy and security laws that govern the use of protected health information (PHI). Before granting SECURETexas certification, THSA verifies that a covered entity has demonstrated compliance with state and federal privacy and security rules. The SECURETexas program offers value and uniqueness as it can be a mitigating factor for fines or penalties brought under the Texas Medical Records Privacy Act.
Additional Benefits of SECURETexas Privacy & Security Certification
- Increased confidence. Obtaining certification boosts confidence of consumers and business partners when they know protections are in place to better safeguard PHI.
- Security Assessment. Certification can serve as objective third-party evidence of a covered entity’s compliance with privacy and security rules.
- Streamlined Regulatory Analysis. Objective third-party evidence of certification can help streamline an audit or review by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (OCR) or other state actors.
- HIPAA. Certification can act as objective third-party evidence of an entity’s history of prior compliance with the HIPAA administrative rules, which must be considered by OCR when considering a civil money penalty amount.
Working with Cyber Trust Alliance
- Cyber Trust Alliance is a THSA preferred vendor selected as an objective third-party to review privacy and security protocols and protections of covered entities.
- Cyber Trust Alliance is part of the Austin, Texas based, Onsupport family of companies – providing technology consulting and risk management solutions for over 25 years.
Learn more about SECURETexas at http://www.thsa.org/privacy-security-certification/